Today I find myself in yet another place in God. It amazes me how just when I think I’ve got it at one dimension I immediately get moved into a new dimension. Where I am at now is a place (spiritually) that I have not been before. It is one of Rest and Trust. It is a place of Observation and one of Clarity as well as one of Growth.
It has to do with the Word. If you are a believer you are taught in regards to the Word, to believe the Word, to speak the Word. I always explain it to others like this, If God spoke everything into existence and we are made in His image and likeness then I also should be able to speak everything into existence. I often say that our lives are a product of what we have been speaking. There’s the observation. Let me also interject here that I am not talking “The Secret” hype or “Witchcraft”. This isn’t about naming and claiming. It is about Seeking and Knowing the Will for one’s life and allowing the Spirit of the Lord to lead as to what Written Word needs to be spoken concerning situations and it is about taking the Rhema Word and speaking that as well over your life and situations.
I realize the Word is Seed and the best way to describe this would be that of an individual who plants seeds into the soil expecting that seed to grow into what they planted. Just as that individual places that seed into the ground, waters the seed and waits for that seed to harvest in its due season it is the same with the Word. We are to sow the Word (Seed) by speaking it, we are to continue to water the Word by speaking it, following His instruction concerning it and eventually at some point we must wait for that Word (Seed) to Harvest.
This is where I am at, the Harvest, which is new for me. I’ve done all I have been instructed to do concerning certain areas and now it is time to see the Harvest in these areas. I’ve been sensing that the season has changed but for some reason I wasn’t grasping what I was sensing and still following instruction from that old season. This is where I think most miss it. Revelation is progressive and most people stick with what they HEARD rather than with what they are HEARING. They get stuck with what God SAID rather than what He is SAYING.
One day I was at my office and I pulled out my pages upon pages of Word to declare over myself, my life, and my situations. I felt as though I was struggling. It started to seem like more work than my actual job…or my “ob” as some would call it. The Lord told me to STOP! Surely this could not be accurate. The Lord would NEVER tell me to STOP speaking His Word. But He did. He told me that it was time for THAT Word to Harvest and for me to REST in THAT Word that I had been speaking. Now for me, I don’t know how to rest, even in my personal life. I almost feel guilty when I do. So I realize He had to do something out of the box to get my attention. I realized that I wasn’t truly exercising my faith or fully trusting Him to FINISH this, though of course I thought I was because I was doing business as usual in the Word department.
My Faith was taking on a new form. My faith was no longer going to be in what I knew to do but it was now going to be in what I was TRUSTING Him to do. I had to TRUST Him to do this. He is the Author and Finisher of our Faith. Meaning, He starts and He finishes. My job is the in between. Once I realized this and started to follow a great deal of peace came on. A peace so powerful that even when challenges arose or my emotions would attempt to talk to me, even if I entertained them for a second it didn’t go beyond that second. The peace kicked in that surpassed all understanding. Clarity started coming forth in regards to my past, present and soon to be future and in regards to certain relationships. I realized why some have been sustained, why some have been restored and why some have become no longer. Relationships that took me years to get out of it were now as if they never existed. No pain, no hurt, no bitterness. I think it so funny now how individuals, after coming out of a relationship, bash the other person. Why can’t we just accept the fact that it just wasn’t meant to be? Or, if some people think it’s perfect, maybe it is, just not for us. (That is a whole other blog) This is where the Lord dealt with me about how Speaking of dead things/situations only keep them in our future and how Speaking of the past only keeps it in our future and how speaking of people/situations not changing only allows them to stay the same. Sometimes the best thing to do is to BE QUIET! ;)
Needless to say I am now receiving instruction for the next go round. The Word spoken for this Harvest is not going to be the Word spoken for the next one. So here I sit, resting, beginning to walk into my confessions and beginning to start the cycle all over again.
No comments:
Post a Comment