I, along with many others, will never forget where we were when we heard of what was transpiring in New York on September 11, 2001.
I remember as if it were yesterday. I was working as a Production Coordinator on the Primetime Emmy Awards. That morning I got up, as usual, to head to the Shrine Auditorium to finish preparations to the Red Carpet and the Press Tents, as the Emmy's were to air that weekend.
In the car on the drive there I began to worship and pray according to the pattern, as I did every morning on my drive in. For some reason, oblivious at the time to what was occurring, I found myself focused on the Peace of God and began worshiping Him as Jehovah Shalom, the God of our Peace, and began to speak back to Him His Word regarding His Peace.
When I arrived my boss and some of the crew members were sitting in our office area watching the events of that morning play over and over again. Once they explained what happened I could see why during my worship and prayer time I was focused on the Peace of God. Fear was taking over our nation.
I am reminded, on this day, by what took place in my life on that day, the importance of being sensitive to and obeying His unction to pray. I may have been oblivious, at the time, to the events taking place, but God wasn't. He is all knowing and everywhere. He knew exactly what was happening. And I may never know all whom my prayers reached but I do know they reached some.
I am also reminded of how we, as a people, came together. Our pasts, backgrounds, ethnicities, denominations, needs, etc, no longer mattered. People flocked to NY to assist. People found ways to donate. Everyday people were declared heros. We, as a people, need to get back to this. We need to take our focus off of self and put our focus back on God and the assignment He has
called us to. We must be more obedient to His instruction rather than the pleasing of people. We need to put our focus back on releasing the Blessing, pressing in to fast, consecrate and pray. We need to love others with the unconditional love of our Father and Creator. And we need to make ourselves available to help others (without expecting anything in return).
We shouldn't need a crisis to wake us up to do things that we are instructed to do and should be doing daily because it really is who we are. So, starting today, on this 10th anniversary, let's agree and commit to get back to the basics, back to the good samaritans we became on this day 10 years ago, and back to representing the One who Created us. The One whom made us in His image and likeness, which means we should be examples of His nature, character and authority. Because somehow, someway we have gotten quite far from God's heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment