Monday, September 22, 2008

This thing we call TIME

Time determines so much in our lives. It speaks to us what time of the day it is, day of the week, week of the month and month of the year. It also speaks to us the season we are in and not just naturally but spiritually. However, spiritually it is easier to miss the changing of a season because sometimes there may be no outer indication that the season has changed except the knowing in your Spirit. Kind of like California where it seems we are always in the same season because you don’t see the indications you do on the East Coast such as the leaves changing or the snow.

Time also dictates to some whether they have succeeded or not, usually by their own timeline. Individuals dictate by this time next year or by this age some goal they want to accomplish and so on and so forth. More times than usual the dictation is based off their own desire and if for some reason their goal does not manifest by the time dictated they look at themselves as having failed.

Now anyone who walks with God, and I mean in true relationship, will realize more sooner than later that His time is usually NOT your timing and thereby if some of these man given goals have yet to manifest it does not indeed mean one has failed. It may mean that you (or those connected to you) are not yet at the place (spiritually and naturally) where you are ready to walk in it, even if you “feel” as though you are.

The Bible says that to everything there is a season, that to the Lord, a day is as a thousand years and a thousand years is as a day, that His thoughts are not our thoughts nor are His ways our ways. You must allow the Lord to reveal to you what season you are in and then find peace within that revelation. For someone the season may be one of the lime-light but for you it may be the season of hiding or waiting and vice versa. If it is the prior and you do not find that peace you may begin to attempt to take matters into your own hands thereby either messing it up which could then prolong it even more or you could get into it not prepared and end up losing it. Even when the Word, the Prophetic Word comes forth, you must receive it for YOU and allow the Holy Spirit to reveal to YOU where that Word fits within your walk. Time is under our dominion but it is our responsibility to discern what time it is for US as individuals. We must discern when in the Presence, when in worship, when in prayer what we must do to be ready for our time, to be ready for our moment. We must be sensitive to what God is instructing us to do within that Word, Prophetic Word and what He is having us to declare and stay consistent in that so it can bring forth our season.

We must eventually move our trust from others and even ourselves to Him with the understanding that He knows better than we do when our season, our time has come to receive what He pre-destined for us before the foundation of the world. For it is that which He pre-destined that is destiny, that which will last and stick, that where you will be sustained. Everything else is purpose. It gets you to that place of destiny. And through this time of trusting you must learn to take your focus off everything around you and look past the present to that which He has shown you your life is to be and no matter what it “appears” to be – good or bad your trust must be in Him. Not everything is as it seems so why attempt to compete with it. Some situations are like the fig tree. From afar the fig tree appeared as if it were producing but once Jesus came up close to the fig tree it was clear that it wasn’t producing. Some situations are the opposite. Like when Jesus had to feed the five thousand with only five loaves and two fish. The situation can look impossible and within a second God’s Word swoops down and the impossible becomes the possible.

I used to be in that category of believers that would hear the Word, receive the Word, and declare the time “NOW”. I now see that I really wasn’t dissecting what I received with God. Like most I wanted to see change NOW, I wanted to step into it NOW. NOW J I see that the desire for NOW for most comes from either pressure of family, friends, society or even self. It can come from anxiety, a burden or pride. I’m at a point now where I am delivered from others wrong opinions or what they think regarding me and what God is doing with me. His peace speaks that I am exactly where I need to be. And it is nothing else but His peace. It isn’t me out there trying to get attention, it isn’t me running all over the place doing useless things that in the end don’t fulfill or produce, and it isn’t in me trying to make something happen – intentionally or unintentionally. It is just simply His peace.

Over the past few months I have really grown in my trust in God, and with that growth in trust has come a great peace that what belongs to me belongs to me. Even if someone else is occupying it, it is only for a moment, only until God says, “Enough is Enough, its baby girl’s time to step in and occupy.” I’ve also come to realize that I really don’t want what is mine until it is time, until it is ripe. I don’t want what is mine before He has had a chance to do what He needs to with all parties involved. I want the fruit ripe. I believe that in this everyone will step in knowing what to do and actually doing it. All that other “stuff” will be out the way, less drama and fewer mistakes. All parties will be able to hit the ground running and start producing. All who are to receive will have their hearts in the place to receive. Especially when it comes to a relationship, as the woman it is my desire to bring increase to my mate when he joins himself to me, rather then see him decrease when he joins himself to me. So if I am not who I need to be for him and to him when we are joined or if I settle or rush and join myself to the wrong person the latter can happen. I realize now that one can have BOTH the natural and the spiritual in one person, you don’t have to settle for just one side, you can have the whole package. Imagine that power!

At that I have now learned to embrace this thing called time. Not to waste it. Not to rush it. Especially since in this year we are to see years restored to us that were wasted. Why waste more years dealing with the same people, situations? Release and see the restoration. I’m learning that every second of every minute of every hour of every day of every week of every month of every year is a moment that I have to PREPARE. It is a moment that I have to evaluate me and those around me. It is a moment I have to make a mistake without it affecting those it could affect had that mistake happened once I got into what He pre-destined for me. It is a moment that I am able to go deeper in God to not just see another side of Him but to see another side of me for I am Him. It is a moment I can nurture that around me, mature, grow with those around me or that in which who I am with, and get to know those around me or that in which who I am with. Time is something to be treasured and appreciated not rushed.

4 comments:

"RB" said...

From my friend Kip!

LP-

OMG....THIS POST IS AMAZING!!! There is so much growth, so much wisdom....simply awesome. You have come such a long way and I can't wait to see what God has purposed for your destiny...your mate better be ready because you are the bomb and he better know it!!!

BP-

Anonymous said...

what can i say....i can say i am finally in that peaceful realm. im deeply touched by your own word that God provided you to say to whom ever that read this, which i did and what is amazing is that your post above me which is you...what u just did is you found yourself ministering to yourself! now thats amazing!

"RB" said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
"RB" said...

Other Comments...

"This blog is so inspirational during this season. I've read it a couple of times and like you, made a confession out of it. LOL!"

"Very beautiful, Becky. I especially like the part when you say you have to evaluate yourself and those around you. That is the way I have been trying to live my life for quite a while now and I have learned that you can not allow those who are dishonest in word and deed take up the time and space that is precious and
such a gift from God!!!"

"AMEN SISTA!"