Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Have U made peace with who U R?

I was checking my “tweets” as my BFF and her hubby like to instruct me to do (LOL) and I saw a post from “the Secret daily” that read, “Just like the law of gravity, the law of attraction never slips up. If something came to you, you drew it, with prolonged thought.”

I chuckled because I think it funny that SO many jumped on “The Secret” bandwagon when “The Secret” is just Biblical Principles under a marketing idea that would sell to a bigger audience. As well as that the whole Name & Claim tactic, like some faith messages can borderline witchcraft if not careful. Before one can do any of this, whether through the latest trend, or through faith one must know what the Will is for their life. Not what Will they make because of desires and bad choices but the true Will otherwise you may end up with something you thought you wanted only to realize you don’t want it. (That is a whole other message/blog)

It then made me think of others boldness in what they believe and who they are. The Secret, good energy, Gumby (Inside Joke – LOL), etc. and how sometimes I shy away from who I really am because we can never be sure how others will respond or because we don’t want to step on anyone’s toes. And to be honest, a part of me shied away because life’s circumstances and twists have had me questioning who I really am. Am I really called to do what so many have spoken into me? Do I really want this? Do I really want that? Is this the truth? Is that a lie? Circumstances that contradict who you are, what you know, what you are made of and where you know you are to be will do this. Being around negative people, people who don’t know who you are and / or remaining in unhealthy relationships will do this. Life can do this. Life gets tiring. And I recently have gotten tired. I know I am in a transition, a wilderness so to speak but I’m just tired. And because of how I flow I am constantly being pulled on to pray for this individual, fast for this individual, agree with this individual, and deal with this individuals problems and that will tire a person out, especially when they are in this place of transition / wilderness. People often assume for those of us who flow like this that we don’t ever need to refill or have someone pray and hold our arms up. It’s not an easy balancing act to be everything to everybody and be who you need to be self but I have faith it can be accomplished. Otherwise Proverbs 31 wouldn’t exist. ;)

Anyway, the more I thought of all this the more I thought, “Screw what people think. I respect others and their choices they can respect mine or have nothing to do with me.” THIS is what works for ME! I have tried it and I have found it to work and be true. Moving 3000 miles from home at the age of 18 not knowing anyone will force you to grab on to something. For me that was faith in the God I was introduced to growing up by my Nonna and my parents. And I have held on to that faith and it is that faith that keeps me when at times I feel lost or feel like I can’t go on. I’ve tried to get away from it and to be completely honest, at times have not been feeling it and questioned it. But in the end it is the light that ignites the fire in me. This IS who I am. This IS how I live and I refuse to shy away from it. This is how I look, how I am shaped and I am not going to make excuses for it. I have died too many deaths and been on the cross too many times to get where I am. If someone doesn’t like it or if someone is threatened or insecure with it, too bad. No one (well, some in my circle do) knows what I have been through, where I have come from, the sleepless nights interceding for others, the seeds sown in Word, Time and Monetary, the times spent fasting and seeking or the tears that have been shed. So why should I shy away when I have paid the price to walk in the Anointing that I walk in, the faith that I walk in? I won’t. Not anymore. And I encourage you to do the same. What price have you paid to get to where you are? Forget what society says or what people will think and just BE!

I believe it is in our times of wilderness, the unclear moments, the times of doubt and hurt that we truly find who we are and what we are made of. Never allow your circumstance, what you have been through or are going through, or what people speak of you to dictate who you are or where you are headed. Stop believing people’s lies. Not everything is as it appears. Misery loves company. Let their misery find other company. If someone walks away let them go. Don’t beg and plead. I’ve been there in my younger age and it is not pretty. Young girl, your worth is far ABOVE rubies. Start acting like it. Surround yourself with people who not only know who you are but appreciate you. Find your Dream Mates. Dream Mates speak the same and see the same as you. They don’t manipulate and see what they think you are seeing or speak what they think you are speaking or want to hear. I would rather have (3) people in my circle that know who I am, where I am headed and appreciate me than (50) people telling me “Bless You” and this and that for show and talking about me behind my back. Know who you are, speak consistently to who you are. See yourself where you are headed and walk in it before you get there. Don’t allow seasons of waiting or disappointments to throw you from this place. What we speak are seeds sown and seeds can only blossom and grow if they are watered. YOU are somebody. And if you are happy with you then don’t care what others think. Stop trying to please everyone and please yourself, please Him.

For a while, thanks to past (meaning years ago) relationships, I shied away from allowing my passion and love to come out in other relationships. On my last job I shied away from my Anointing and my gifts so as not to step on people’s toes. Thanks to people in certain sectors I shied away from doing me on the outward. However, in the midst of this past month I’ve come to realize this is who I am. Friends of mine have been telling me in the season I am in to settle what God promised me but to be honest what I really needed to settle is who God has called me to be and what He has called me to do. I had to accept that this is who I am and I am actually OK with it. I was created to be a comparable help to someone, just because this past individual couldn’t understand, accept, handle, or whatever doesn’t mean I should shy away from it and not take the risk to fully give of myself again to someone who deserves it and wants it. I came out of someone, I was seen in someone from the beginning and partook of that empowerment and I don’t care how long it takes, I will be re-joined (because that is what happens when you locate the one that came out of you or you came out of, a re-joining) to whoever he is. He could be a bum on the street, with all the Word I have out there, when it is time, he will be a King. I am passionate about (2) things in life, Love and Ministry. It is in these places that I am my best. If I am not in these places I feel unsatisfied, not alive, I feel lost. And the reason I can say that is because I have already dwelt in these places. I’ve seen what it looks like and experienced it. I’ve experienced what I thought could only exist for others even though I knew it existed. Whatever / whoever you are passionate about just do it. And if haters block or talk let them block and talk. Sometimes people hate simply because they know who you are and what you represent and they want to be there. Without putting in the work. Life is too short so do you (as my boy would always tell me) and do it well!

I know, because of conversations with many, that a great deal are tired, questioning, and I am sure at some point all of us have gotten tired, doubted, been hurt, been the one doing the hurting, missed the mark, made a mistake, had to deal with insecurities, shame, fear, guilt, pride, lost of identity, (feel free to input yours here), etc. But that is life. It is in these that we also find healing, faith, certainty, courage, strength, peace (feel free to input yours here), etc. So instead of complaining, hiding or questioning EMBRACE and EMERGE into the beautiful individual you were called and destined to be. Be not just joyful but HAPPY! Get out of your valley, whether it is an unhealthy relationship, your emotions, debt, depression, (feel free to input yours here) and ENJOY waking up every day and all the opportunities that day may hold. Rise, take up your bed and WALK!

I truly believe that 2011 is going to be the year that Jehovah Himself steps in and shows Himself as King and in His Sovereignty. For too long, especially the church, we have been mistreating God’s chosen, God’s gifts and appointing those with no Anointing to handle the things of God. That has to change in order for His work to be done and if we won’t do it then He will step in and do it Himself.

No comments: