Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Lesson for the Faith Walker

A faith-walker must learn to live in an atmosphere where people are saying to them that what their seeing is wrong yet their response is, “you know what, I know what I am seeing, I know what this Word says, I know what God has promised me and I refuse to be moved.”

If you let people get in your ear who don't see what you see, you will lose heart. If you let people get in your ear who don't walk like you walk, you will lose heart. You will be spiritually schizophrenic. You will wake up one day and think everything is wonderful and by noon because so-and-so talked to you, you'll be saying, “I wonder what happened, I wonder where God is?”

You must get accustomed to this and learn to be comfortable with the incongruence between your faith and your circumstance. You must learn how to stand in the middle of a storm and say, "It’s going to be clear tomorrow." You are going to have to learn how to stand in the middle of doubt and unbelief and tell everybody around you that, “THIS is going to pass.”

The life of faith is a life of simultaneous death and life. If you are going to walk by faith there is going to be a SIMULTANEOUS happening in your life CONSTANTLY. Something is always going to be dying so that something else can live and if you focus on what's dying then you will lose heart, but if you focus on what is being brought to life you will be encouraged

The way to navigate, the way to NOT lose heart is to get certain principles down. Because THERE IS A PLACE, where your emotions are not going to carry you through, where what you feel is not going to be the determining factor as to whether you go on or not, where nothing in you will feel like getting up, where nothing in you will feel like going ON. THERE IS A PLACE, where you will feel like throwing in the towel, like nothing is working, like you might as well try something else, like the promise is never going to come to pass, and if you (rely on your emotions), you will lose heart.

Get and rely on the principle, “I SPEAK WHAT I BELIEVE!!!” And when all hell is breaking forth in your life, that is when you need to talk the loudest, when everything is going wrong in your life, that's when you need to lift up your voice and tell your friends, your enemies and anybody else, “Let ME TELL YOU what's going to happen in THIS situation.”

---"I Still Have the Heart for This" (BCEM)
Scripture Reference 2 Corinthians 4:1,7-16


THERE IS A FINE LINE BETWEEN GOD AND YOU. KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YOUR CHOICES AND HIS DESTINY. SETTLE WHAT IS HIM IN YOUR LIFE. AND NO MATTER WHAT IT APPEARS OR HOW PEOPLE MAKE IT APPEAR STAND, BELIEVE, SPEAK, OBEY AND WATCH IT COME TO PASS. WHEN SOMETHING IS GOD YOU DON’T HAVE TO FORCE IT. IT WILL HAPPEN AT THE APPOINTED TIME AND IN DUE SEASON. DON’T STRIVE IN YOUR OWN STRENGTH, REST IN HIS GRACE AND IN HIS PRINCIPLES.

---RB Twist

No comments: